I can highly recommend reading that book as it explains the fundamentals of economics for product development. One learns about:
- critical problems with current product development
- basic economics to consider like cost of delay and life cycle profit
- queues and what parameters are most important to consider
- ways to manage capacity utilization properly
- the aspect of variability in product development vs. lean production
- the importance of proper batch size management
- how to sequence topics
- work in progress handling
- flow control
- fast feedback and finally
- decentralized control
As there are so many aspects covered I started summarizing my key takeaways that I share with you today with the following presentation. Please take it as a teaser to read that book – the presentation just covers some aspects.
I hope it helps you on your journey towards achieving product development flow. Have fun using the presentation!